- Newly laid concrete will leach chemicals that will cause paint to lift. As such it is advisable to wait up to 6 weeks after new concrete is laid before marking.
- Excessive Dirt -If there is excess dirt, dust, or mud across the surface
- The best way to clean a concrete surface prior to line marking is pressure cleaning followed by scrubber vacuum. In ideal conditions concrete should be dry for a few days prior to painting, otherwise as moisture evaporates from the concrete and the paint can lift.
- Etching smooth concrete surfaces is important to give the paint something to adhere to. Etching can be by means of an acid wash or fine grinding.
- Primer is recommended for all line marking on concrete surfaces. A primer undercoat is a preparatory coating put on materials before painting. Priming ensures better adhesion of paint to the surface, increases paint durability, and provides additional protection for the material being painted.
Talk to Logical Line marking if you have old concrete surfaces and you have had trouble with floor marking staying on. We have options for removing and starting again
Logical Line Marking – it makes sense!